…she makes pumpkin fritters. They are light, delicious, yet so satisfying when one is craving something bad. Nobody can be good all the time. Today is my cheating day. My body is craving oil. These take about 6 and a half minutes to prepare, and boom! you’ve got deliciously bad snacks that are all natural.
2 cups shredded pumpkin
1/2 cup shredded potato
2 tsp chia seeds in 1/4 c of water
pink himlayan salt and black pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Heat both oils in a frying pan.
2. Add chia seeds to water and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the shredded vegetables and add salt and pepper. 3. Add the chia seeds to the mixture.
4. Spoon about 2-3 tbsp of mixture into the pan. Flatten the top to make fritters.
5. Fry for 3 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
Mongolia is getting cold already. The trees are turning fast, and the thermometer hits negative digits often. This doesn’t stop my students from planning student council camp retreats. I slept in a ger for the first time. It was cold at night because we were too tired to wake up and feed the fire. I got a taste of what the winter will smell like; coal smoke. Nevertheless, the nature here is beautiful, raw, and…vast. I love it.